Colorado Archaeological Society
Members of the Colorado Archaeological Society will:
- Uphold local, State and Federal antiquities laws.
- Conduct field and/or laboratory activities using professionally accepted standards.
- Accept the responsibility, if serving as Principal Investigator, to publish the results of the investigation and to make the collection available for further scientific study.
- Support only scientifically and legally conducted archaeological activities. Members will not condone the sale, exchange or purchase of artifacts obtained from illegal activities.
- Respect the property rights of landowners.
- Report vandalism to appropriate authorities.
- Be sensitive to the cultural histories and spiritual practices of groups that are the subject of archaeological investigation.